.... or the lack of our Laird home anyways.
I've come to realize how much we are homeless right now. I always hated that thought. As military they will ship you to where they want you to go but cant always give you a place to live. In the process of this HORRIBLE house hunting experience we had decided first and foremost that we would Go wherever the Lord leads us and wants us to go. We wanted to believe and PRAYED hard that the Lord would open doors for us to jump right on through. Learning basically that the footprints in the sand poem was true:
One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.
This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.
So I said to the Lord,
"You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during
the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one
set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most,
you have not been there for me?"
The Lord replied,
"The times when you have
seen only one set of footprints in the sand,
is when I carried you."
Mary Stevenson
I would normally try and find a bible verse to go there but Lord forgive me for my laziness.. Now that I have guilt I think I might search for one in a minute.
So I did feel guilty and after completing MY blog i went in search of what the LORD would want me to hear and one was this:
Deuteronomy 1:31NIV
“There you saw how the LORD your God carried you, as a father carries his son, all the way you went until you reached this place."
John 14:18-20
"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.”
-Back to my main thought-
-anyways-
They (as in the military and the doctors) were trying to find to the best place for our family. We just knew that no matter where we were picked to go it was of God. However I know I forgot that even through the Lord picked this place, Satan would still try and do whatever he could to block out paths. I think mainly in ways to try and hit me at my week points and make me angry. He definitely has done so and I haven't even thought to chill in the moment. I was doing so good over the last year at trying to create less anger in me, and ask God to be in all situations in my life. Again, over the past few weeks, honestly haven't been so bright in remember to do such things :(
-we must try to look at the goodness he has shown us in all bad situations and we should be faithful to whatever is there that we can SEE him in everything.-
Mom and I had a horrible airplane ride and I was so glad mom was there because we were able to remind one another that God is indeed in control of all this and he will make us through. We both knew we would make it through that was never a question....however... we got to the point of not knowing how or when :) In the end he was faithful to us and showed us peace and mercy.
Poor Daniel and poor skip have had some pretty nasty car troubles, we know its gonna be costly and we know the Lord will provide us with that and the things we need rather then we want. They are days behind and will continue to be days further behind. I feel so bad for them because of all that and I knew how excited they all were about going to the grand canyon. There have been a few times Daniel has call me with a laugh. *short story time* He called me earlier today at the hotel trying to fax me yet again more paper work for "The House" (probably more unfortunate sad story on that later-anyways) and he was laughing so hard, he was trying to tell me a story about how he had stopped and grizzly apparently didn't notice, I guess he thought Daniel was gonna walk out the door and take him for a walk lol that of course was not the case. So he had a run in with a very clean glass door lol (its not the first time) I'm sure he yelped and didn't at all appreciate the laugh his person was giving him. But yes it was funny... shoot its funny when anyone does it! am I right?* He called me when they were driving through Texas (which if you know Ben you know how crazy he is about that place, Daniel and I think it's a natural breed in for those folk) and Ben was in the back talking all about Texas and how he couldn't believe they were there. I would of loved to of heard all he was saying. Sad: he wanted a hat FROM Texas and as much as Daniel wanted to get him one they were already so far behind just from construction and traffic.... STOP WITH ALL THE CONSTRUCTION WILL YOU!! I KNOW PEOPLE NEED JOBS IN EVERY STATE BUT YO-HO-HO CHILL!! (yes purposely in all caps lol) Now they are stuck in flagstaff (as previously stated) with a car that at the moment does not work. Here's another AWESOME story!!! This is a God story people! They were stopped at a gas station (or something) in the middle of no where except for being New Mexico. They were trying to see if they could figure out something about the car. (Obviously they didn't really) Right next to them there was a guy also broke down. You know Daniel hes the talking kind so proceeded to yap :) oh dear how I LOVE you so! Apparently this gentleman's father is actually a pastor at a church in vacaville California -Cha-bam!- where might we be moving to?? (if you had been following my blog you would know the answer to this question haha) that's right fellow friends: vacaville California. now what are the chances of two total strangers both so far from home, broke down in the same place, meeting, chatting and learning such information? God is good isnt he. So Daniel called me later to tell me that he thought he would check out the church. Plus, he felt so bad for the guy cause he couldn't help. :(
Now that I am here Ive had so many new thoughts and questions come about from this house. I want to throw my hands up to and say bla. I can't though because we already have money into it and the human part of me is getting more voice in then Lord in me and I need to stop, Pray about it, put the Lord in it for us and ask the questions to everyone that is the right people to ask it too. Get what we need and see where the Lord leads up too. Does he want us there in that house? what neighbor does he have in store for us that needs us? Or is it not and we are looking in all the wrong places? Don't you just wish sometimes that there was something that told you what you need to do and where you need to go.
There's a lot of stress and so much more then what is above that we've got to do and remember that the Lord is in all and will get us through all.
And a few more verse I feel from the Lord:
Isaiah 41:10
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
“The Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9.
I've come to realize how much we are homeless right now. I always hated that thought. As military they will ship you to where they want you to go but cant always give you a place to live. In the process of this HORRIBLE house hunting experience we had decided first and foremost that we would Go wherever the Lord leads us and wants us to go. We wanted to believe and PRAYED hard that the Lord would open doors for us to jump right on through. Learning basically that the footprints in the sand poem was true:
One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.
This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.
So I said to the Lord,
"You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during
the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one
set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most,
you have not been there for me?"
The Lord replied,
"The times when you have
seen only one set of footprints in the sand,
is when I carried you."
Mary Stevenson
I would normally try and find a bible verse to go there but Lord forgive me for my laziness.. Now that I have guilt I think I might search for one in a minute.
So I did feel guilty and after completing MY blog i went in search of what the LORD would want me to hear and one was this:
Deuteronomy 1:31NIV
“There you saw how the LORD your God carried you, as a father carries his son, all the way you went until you reached this place."
John 14:18-20
"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.”
-Back to my main thought-
-anyways-
They (as in the military and the doctors) were trying to find to the best place for our family. We just knew that no matter where we were picked to go it was of God. However I know I forgot that even through the Lord picked this place, Satan would still try and do whatever he could to block out paths. I think mainly in ways to try and hit me at my week points and make me angry. He definitely has done so and I haven't even thought to chill in the moment. I was doing so good over the last year at trying to create less anger in me, and ask God to be in all situations in my life. Again, over the past few weeks, honestly haven't been so bright in remember to do such things :(
-we must try to look at the goodness he has shown us in all bad situations and we should be faithful to whatever is there that we can SEE him in everything.-
Mom and I had a horrible airplane ride and I was so glad mom was there because we were able to remind one another that God is indeed in control of all this and he will make us through. We both knew we would make it through that was never a question....however... we got to the point of not knowing how or when :) In the end he was faithful to us and showed us peace and mercy.
Poor Daniel and poor skip have had some pretty nasty car troubles, we know its gonna be costly and we know the Lord will provide us with that and the things we need rather then we want. They are days behind and will continue to be days further behind. I feel so bad for them because of all that and I knew how excited they all were about going to the grand canyon. There have been a few times Daniel has call me with a laugh. *short story time* He called me earlier today at the hotel trying to fax me yet again more paper work for "The House" (probably more unfortunate sad story on that later-anyways) and he was laughing so hard, he was trying to tell me a story about how he had stopped and grizzly apparently didn't notice, I guess he thought Daniel was gonna walk out the door and take him for a walk lol that of course was not the case. So he had a run in with a very clean glass door lol (its not the first time) I'm sure he yelped and didn't at all appreciate the laugh his person was giving him. But yes it was funny... shoot its funny when anyone does it! am I right?* He called me when they were driving through Texas (which if you know Ben you know how crazy he is about that place, Daniel and I think it's a natural breed in for those folk) and Ben was in the back talking all about Texas and how he couldn't believe they were there. I would of loved to of heard all he was saying. Sad: he wanted a hat FROM Texas and as much as Daniel wanted to get him one they were already so far behind just from construction and traffic.... STOP WITH ALL THE CONSTRUCTION WILL YOU!! I KNOW PEOPLE NEED JOBS IN EVERY STATE BUT YO-HO-HO CHILL!! (yes purposely in all caps lol) Now they are stuck in flagstaff (as previously stated) with a car that at the moment does not work. Here's another AWESOME story!!! This is a God story people! They were stopped at a gas station (or something) in the middle of no where except for being New Mexico. They were trying to see if they could figure out something about the car. (Obviously they didn't really) Right next to them there was a guy also broke down. You know Daniel hes the talking kind so proceeded to yap :) oh dear how I LOVE you so! Apparently this gentleman's father is actually a pastor at a church in vacaville California -Cha-bam!- where might we be moving to?? (if you had been following my blog you would know the answer to this question haha) that's right fellow friends: vacaville California. now what are the chances of two total strangers both so far from home, broke down in the same place, meeting, chatting and learning such information? God is good isnt he. So Daniel called me later to tell me that he thought he would check out the church. Plus, he felt so bad for the guy cause he couldn't help. :(
Now that I am here Ive had so many new thoughts and questions come about from this house. I want to throw my hands up to and say bla. I can't though because we already have money into it and the human part of me is getting more voice in then Lord in me and I need to stop, Pray about it, put the Lord in it for us and ask the questions to everyone that is the right people to ask it too. Get what we need and see where the Lord leads up too. Does he want us there in that house? what neighbor does he have in store for us that needs us? Or is it not and we are looking in all the wrong places? Don't you just wish sometimes that there was something that told you what you need to do and where you need to go.
There's a lot of stress and so much more then what is above that we've got to do and remember that the Lord is in all and will get us through all.
And a few more verse I feel from the Lord:
Isaiah 41:10
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
“The Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9.
No comments:
Post a Comment